The Hull Family

On our way to Arizona to get out of the rain, God pulled us to Nashville, TN. For 3 years? 10 years? 30 years? We don't know, but we are enjoying the ride. Growing, connecting, enjoying the sun and picking up a bit of a Southern drawl..... One thing is clear, through the ups and the downs, God has blessed our decision to follow His call.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

After 5 and a half years in Nashville, God is paving our way back home to Seattle. One thing we have learned living on the other side of the country is life is short, family is important and time with them is precious. We are leaving strong friendships, familiarity, comfort of a steady paycheck and taking a leap of faith. This blog is to chronicle the blessings that God has all ready begun in our journey to be closer to family and closer to Him.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Be Aware

I always said it is too bad that people or celebrities wait until something unfortunate happens in their lives or the life of a loved one to bring awareness or support to that disease. This is one reason I always send money to St. Jude when they send me those address labels. I think "wow, what if my child was sick and I needed people to send in money". Don't get me wrong, I am not a Saint. I wish I responded to more causes like that. But something about sick children....... ugh...... Well, Breast Cancer awareness is something that has always kind of been on my heart. Maybe it is being a woman and having that sort of bond with other women and trying to imagine what they are going through whether it be themselves, their sister or their Mom who is sick. I've always wanted to do one of those "walks". Just another thing that I have put off due to "business". It's interesting how the Spirit may prompt us to do things. Like walk for a cure, send money to a cause, feed the homeless at a shelter, help victims who were affected by the recent tornado, or make a meal for a friend who is having a hard time. And it is even more interesting how we choose to respond or not, to that Call. I often say to friends "I couldn't really tell you what I did all week, but I was so busy". The truth is I probably wasn't busy enough. There is so much to do. There is so many ways to help & so many ways to change lives even if it is just for an hour or two. Even if it seems simple to us, it could be huge to somebody else. Even if it seems huge to us, God is calling us for a reason.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alliwoo said...

I have this little voice everyday saying "what are we doing to help someone else today?" Problem is I don't know too many tangible people who will let me help them. Maybe I should volunteer my time at a charity or something. I'm actually thinking of starting a home cleaning service that targets mothers who suffer from depression. How do I advertise that without hurting people? But its somewhere I could make a difference in the life of another mom and her family as well.

February 14, 2008 at 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home