The Hull Family

On our way to Arizona to get out of the rain, God pulled us to Nashville, TN. For 3 years? 10 years? 30 years? We don't know, but we are enjoying the ride. Growing, connecting, enjoying the sun and picking up a bit of a Southern drawl..... One thing is clear, through the ups and the downs, God has blessed our decision to follow His call.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

After 5 and a half years in Nashville, God is paving our way back home to Seattle. One thing we have learned living on the other side of the country is life is short, family is important and time with them is precious. We are leaving strong friendships, familiarity, comfort of a steady paycheck and taking a leap of faith. This blog is to chronicle the blessings that God has all ready begun in our journey to be closer to family and closer to Him.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cool Story

Some of you may have heard this one, but those of you who have not, here it goes...... When Rob and I had lived in our new TN home for about a month, we were playing at a local park. I noticed this girl there with her children that looked very familiar to me. But I thought to myself "surely I don't know a soul here in Hendersonville, TN." But I continued to follow this girl around the park (I was sure she thought I was some weird stalker) she just looked SOOOO familiar. Even her voice sounded familiar! But out of fear and insecurity, I couldn't go up to her and say something. Until I saw her leaving. I really believe God moved me and gave me the courage to go over and say something. I nervously went over and said "I think I know you, I think I grew up with you" and she said "oh no, I didn't grow up around here" and I said "well neither did I" and she said "I'm from a town South of Seattle" and I said "Renton! Cathy Dawn!" It turns out that we grew up about 2 blocks away from each other. I even found my Kindergarten picture where she is standing in front of me! Her husband is a pilot for Northwest and she was a flight attendant. He is from here and that is how she ended up here! We were never that close growing up but we have become fast, close friends! She has 2 beautiful girls that are the same ages as Mason and Mazi Jane. And her husband and Rob instantly hit it off. Who would have ever thought?..... Cathy and Mazi Jane!
Thank you Lord for the courage to say something! What a blessing their friendship and family have been to ours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home